ONE of Britain’s most-wanted criminals Kevin Parle is believed to have attended the Champions League Final in Madrid.
An eye-witness took pictures of the alleged double murderer at the Reina Sofia art museum on the morning of the match.
The staunch Liverpool fan – a towering 6ft 6ins giant – was wearing a red shirt and denim shorts and gave the witness ‘the dirtiest look’ ever.
He had been walking briskly around the gallery, only stopping at one painting, by Salvador Dali.
“I’m sure it was him. After I took a picture he looked like he was about to punch me right there in the museum,” the source, who asked to remain anonymous, said.
“He then walked off really fast and you could clearly see how tall he was,” he added.
The sighting comes after former Scotland Yard detective Peter Bleksley launched a fresh campaign to catch the alleged killer after 14 years on the run.
The TV detective told the Olive Press in April how Parle was a ‘huge Liverpool fan’ and very likely to be in the capital for the game.
“There’s only one place for a Liverpool fan who can afford it on June 1, and that’s Madrid,” said Bleksley, who worked for the Met Police’s undercover SO10 unit in the 1980s.
Last night he told the paper: “That could well be him, but it’s impossible to say for certain. The pics need to be verified through a lab with face-recognition software.”
Merseyside Police meanwhile thanked the Olive Press for the lead and said the pictures would be sent off immediately to ‘intel’.
“If verified they will go straight to Interpol,” explained a spokesman.
The 38-year-old killer is Merseyside’s most-wanted man, allegedly involved in the murder of mum-of-three Lucy Hargreaves, 22, who was shot while she slept on a sofa in August 2005.
He is also wanted in connection with the shooting of 16-year-old Toxteth lad Liam Kelly, who was gunned down in Liverpool in June 2004.
The Liverpudlian is unmissable with a towering height of 6ft 6ins and with a red beard, which he is likely to have shaved off.
Police believe he fled to the Costa Blanca after going on the run 14 years ago, and he has been spotted in both Javea and Torrevieja over recent years.
Ex-detective Bleksley – who presents a Channel 4 TV show Hunted – particularly wants to speak to British residents who referred to Parle as a ‘gentle giant’ during an Olive Press probe back in 2009.
“I will speak to them under the radar and will never disclose their identity,” he told the paper.
After his appeal went national in the UK he revealed that a LinkedIn account under the name ‘Kevin Parle’ has since been taunting him online, saying ‘Keep up the good work Peter xx’.
The Olive Press has discovered that the account was set up in Murcia and listed him as a ‘mechanic’.
We were unable to find any British mechanics of the same name in the area, which suggests that it really could be the fugitive.
“Parle’s shot a 16-year-old boy and a 22-year-old mother of three, yet is still on the run, seemingly in Spain. It’s absolutely scandalous,” added Bleksley.
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23