ICELAND has opened a new express store for Brits who want a taste of home on the Costa Blanca.
The shop, operated by British-run Overseas Supermercados, stocks everything from British back bacon to Robinsons squash and is open seven days a week in Moraira.
It complements larger supermarkets in Benissa and Javea, as well as further down the Costa Blanca in Benidorm, San Fulgencio, Torrevieja, Lomas de Cabo Roig and Pinar de Campoverde.
“We have listened to our customers demands,” Overseas Supermercados managing director Garry Richardson told the Olive Press.
“There were so many requests for us to be in Moraira, and we’re still looking to put more shops in the Costa Blanca this year.”
The shop stocks Iceland-brand frozen products, as well Waitrose home-brand cheeses and food from other staple British businesses, such as Greggs.
Store manager Averline said customers can ask for products usually found in Benissa, which can be delivered to Moraira the next day.
“Many customers have also been asking for a range of veggie meat-replacements, like Quorn and Iceland-brand burgers,” she told the Olive Press.
“We will have all of them within a few weeks.”
Averline added the store will offer sales and discounts, such as a current deal on limited edition Twix white chocolate fingers.
The shop on Avinguda de la Paz is open 9am to 9pm.
- Dutchman donates 3,000kg of organic ‘solidarity potatoes’ to help struggling families in Javea - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 10:03
- WATCH: Plane drops water on Sierra Helada national park as forest fire blazes above Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 20:06
- WATCH: Brit claim that he ‘slipped’ by pool to recover 37,000 euro hospital bill in Mallorca FAILS after video shows him jumping into a tree - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 15:07
- ‘HE LIKES IT’: Benidorm bar responds to claims that midget stripper advert was a ‘hate crime’ - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 12:12
- BREAKING: First chikungunya outbreak in Spain as three tourists on the Costa Blanca are infected - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Girl of THREE among 79 illegal immigrants intercepted as Guardia Civil arrests Alicante-based trafficking gang - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 13:27
- PICTURED: Romanian woman beheaded on the Costa Blanca as police say arrest ‘imminent’ - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:40
- WATCH: British-run restaurant blocked by ‘two truck loads’ of rubble as neighbour demands 150,000 for strip of land - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:36
- Three ‘pirate taxis’ confiscated from illicit drivers at Alicante-Elche Airport - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 17:51
- Javea’s Cova Tallada to become first beach in Valencian Community with restricted visitor access due to tourism pressure - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:43