A BRITISH mum booking a holiday for her family was left stunned after being quoted more than €30,000 for a three-star resort on the Costa del Sol.
Rachael Morrell was browsing easyJet for a 10-night all inclusive stay when she saw a Benalmadena hotel that ticked all the boxes.
However she could not quite believe the £32,949 price tag – more than the average UK salary.
Other searches for the package holiday at the Hotel Club Palia La Roca departing from different UK airports were also advertised as being around £30,000 for a family of four.
A similar deal at another nearby five star hotel, however, cost less than half that price.
Rachael’s screenshots showed how her holiday would cost her £32,949 between July 29 to August 8 for four people in one room from Newcastle to Malaga.
The same stay at the Don Carlos Leisure Resort & Spa in Marbella amounts to £13,789.
She uploaded the images online, saying: “Is there something extra special about this hotel for this price?”
The Hotel Club Palia La Roca boasts a 4/5 rating on TripAdvisor is just metres from the beach and offers an all inclusive option as well as a kids club for children.
easyJet has since removed the offer from its website while a spokesman told MailOnline the extortionate quote was given in error.
He said: “We’d like to say thanks for alerting us to this simple error.
“We have put a temporary hold on the sale of this particular hotel while we look in to what has happened in the background.
“We hope to have it fixed and available at the correct price to book again as quickly as possible.”
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19