24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:30
1 min read

Boy, 8, dies in Spain after choking on hot dog during San Juan celebrations

policia

AN eight-year-old boy has died after choking on a hot dog during yesterday’s San Juan celebrations. 

The unnamed child reportedly began choking after the first bite right in the centre of the festivities in Telde, Gran Canaria.

People rang the emergency services immediately and two ambulances were sent to the scene at around 00:12.

Paramedics arrived to find the boy not breathing and could not revive him.

He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Policia Nacional opened a routine investigation last night.

Telde mayor Hector Suarez suspended the San Juan celebrations and declared two days of official mourning.

The flags of the municipal buildings will fly at half mast until Wednesday.

Laurence Dollimore

Laurence has a BA and MA in International Relations and a Gold Standard diploma in Multi-Media journalism from News Associates in London. He has almost a decade of experience and previously worked as a senior reporter for the Mail Online in London.

GOT A STORY? Contact [email protected] or call +34 951 273 575 Twitter: @olivepress

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Previous Story

WATCH: Expat gives hilarious guide for boozy Brits heading to Marbella (WARNING: Not for the easily offended)

Next Story

Turtle unable to dive due to plastic bottles freed in southern Spain

Latest from Lead

Go toTop

More From The Olive Press