A FORMER world heavyweight champion has been rescued off the coast of Spain after a fire broke out on the luxury yacht he was on.
Wladimir Klitshko, who retired from boxing in 2017, was on a boat trip off Mallorca with his family and friends when a fire started on-board.
The yacht was reported to have been adrift 10 miles southwest of Port Adriano with 9 people on board when the blaze was reported in an engine room.
The 43-year-old Ukrainian said: “Be careful what you wish for, fate took my wish for ‘some adrenaline’ a bit too literally and our boat-trip ended up in our boat igniting and family & friends being evacuated by coast guard and fire rescue-team.
“No worries: we are all fine!”
- Drug smuggler held in Spain after hiding half a kilo of cocaine under toupee - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:50
- PICTURED: Grisly fate of Pamplona bulls during Spain’s famous San Fermin festival - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 12:09
- Pedro Sanchez walks away from coalition talks as political breakdown raises concern of repeat election in Spain - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:07
- Greenpeace ship Rainbow Warrior docks in Malaga to push for action on climate change - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 11:24
- Mystery masturbator back as sicko breaks into vehicles on Spain’s Mallorca and leaves semen all over the seat - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00
- SOUTHERN COMFORTS: Why it’s not just the infamous Atlantic wind that keeps the Costa de la Luz so spiritually chilled - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 09:00
- OPINION: Vulnerable people being robbed in hospital beds on the Costa del Sol is an absolute disgrace - 6 Jul, 2019 @ 12:30
- Iran accuses UK of ‘piracy’ over oil tanker seized in Gibraltar and summons ambassador to Tehran - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 10:28
- Royal Marines in Gibraltar detain oil tanker on way to Syria - 4 Jul, 2019 @ 09:50
- North Korea hit squad hunt US vet behind raid on embassy in Spain - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 12:58