A SINGLE Spanish beach has made into the top 10 world rankings.
The lonely – but lucky – playa was recognised in Tripadvisor’s Travelers’ Choice Awards 2019.
The Basque Country beach was rated an average of 4.5/5 by Tripadvisor users.
One reviewer said: “This beach was probably one of the prettiest beaches I’ve ever seen.
“It was very clean, white sand and clear blue waters.”
Another added: “Beautiful and breathtaking at sunset, this beach is famous for its very wide, sandy beach and the many surfers that come here year round.”
La Concha finished fourth based on 8,736 Tripadvisor reviews, 70% of which were excellent.
But it isn’t just sunbathing that attracts swathes of visitors to San Sebastian each year.
The area is also famous for its food and drink, especially the practice of Pintxo bar-hopping around the city.
It comes after a recent string of Blue Flag losses in southern Spain, including on the Costa del Sol.
Spain’s beaches were beaten to the number one spot by Baia do Sancho, in Brazil’s archipelago of Fernando de Noronha, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Cuba’s Varadero Beach was ranked second best in the world, while Eagle Beach in Aruba, came third.
Rounding off the top 10 after La Concha Beach were Grace Bay Beach in the Turks and Caicos, Clearwater beach, Florida; Spiaggia dei Conigli, Sicily; Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman; Playa Norte, Mexico; and Seven Mile Beach, Jamaica.
- American football star caught jumping over bulls at Spain’s San Fermin as veterans SLAM festival as ‘TOO SAFE’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:30
- Young woman arrested after ‘stabbing man in face with fork’ in Gibraltar’s Ocean Village - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:02
- Spanish man arrested over rape of British teenage girl in park in Spain - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:53
- Rock climber drowns in front of daughter after 30-metre plunge into sea near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:16
- Iconic castle on Spain’s Costa del Sol is FINALLY being repaired - 14 Jul, 2019 @ 09:14
- WATCH: Spanish school teacher’s vile RACIST rant at black British men on Spain train, calling them ‘monkeys’ and ‘f**king Africans’ - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 10:03
- Environmental group names and shames 19 Costa del Sol beaches as among worst in Spain - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:01
- Spain’s Government SEIZES former dictator General Franco’s €5 million summer palace over its ‘fraudulent’ sale - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 13:22
- Jennifer Lopez to perform on Spain’s Costa del Sol for her 50th birthday - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 12:39
- Marbella mayor invites Barack Obama back to Costa del Sol to play golf - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 11:36