I often get inquiries about extending home insurance policies and I have to say that Liberty Seguros have the best on the market in Spain.
Liberty have just added a number of exciting optional extras, which I know that you will find of great interest.
Here are some of the extras that you can choose from:-
- EXTENDED DIY – Currently you are covered for 1 call out per policy year on a standard policy, but this can be increased to 2 x 3 hour call outs per policy year. All work carried out comes with a 6 month warranty. When requesting the DIY assistance, conditions apply.
- REPAIR OF WHITE GOODS – has a maximum limit of €300 and 3 hours of labour.
- GARDEN PROTCTION – This cover has been extended and includes garden reconstruction and replanting of trees. The coverage for your garden furniture can be increased to €12,000 instead of the standard €3,000.
There is also cover for exposed pipes without causing damage located within garages or on a building facade that has suffered breakage with a limit of up to €500 per claim per policy year.
- HOME IMPROVEMENTS – Aesthetic restoration of building and contents can be increased to 20% at a maximum of €12.000 per claim per year and the contents at to a 20% maximum of €8000.
- THEFT COMPENSATION Over the theft of valuable objects/jewellery – jewellery over €6000 needs to be listed where on a standard policy this is €3000€. Also jewellery worth over €10.000€ needs to be kept in a safe compared to €6000 on a standard policy. Money and cash has cover of up to €6000 when kept in a safe. When the money is not in a safe, you have cover for up to €1500 which is only €500 on a standard policy.
- LANDLORD PROTECTION – For acts of vandalism by a tenant, you have cover for up to €3000 per claim per year, while unpaid rent covers up to 6 months once a final legal judgement has been made.
- LEGAL DEFENCE COMPLETE – Illegal occupation of your property covers up to the limit of €6000 for expenses incurred.
- PERSONAL MOBILITY VEHICLES – There is public liability cover for scooters, hoverboards, Segways and electric scooters though conditions do apply.