By Wendy Williams
A CURRY was the last thing a Bollywood film crew were expecting when they came to Andalucia.
But, while shooting the upcoming Hindi film Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara, (You Only Live Once) the crew paid a visit to restaurant Al Lago in Zahara de la Sierra, where they just happened to be hosting their monthly Indian Weekend.
And, according to owner Mona Crites, who is of Indian and Pakistani origin, the crew were not disappointed.
She said: “We had the whole crew with us for three days solid and they ate all of their food here as beforehand they had just been having rubbish catering.
“It was just such a coincidence that their last day here with us coincided with the start of our Indian weekend.”
The Bollywood film is about three friends who bond during a road trip around Spain in a pale blue Cadillac.
It will be shown in 2500 cinemas across India with 70 million viewers nationally and a further three million throughout the rest of the world.
And the film, which has turned Andalucía into a temporary movie set, boasts a star-studded cast.
But according to Mona the actors are very down to earth.
She said: “They were filming around the lake and it was funny because we didn’t realise how famous the lead actor Hrithik Roshan was.
“He kept coming up and having his make-up done on our terrace and even had his photo taken with my daughter”.
Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara is due to be released next year.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00