By Wendy Williams
A CURRY was the last thing a Bollywood film crew were expecting when they came to Andalucia.
But, while shooting the upcoming Hindi film Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara, (You Only Live Once) the crew paid a visit to restaurant Al Lago in Zahara de la Sierra, where they just happened to be hosting their monthly Indian Weekend.
And, according to owner Mona Crites, who is of Indian and Pakistani origin, the crew were not disappointed.
She said: “We had the whole crew with us for three days solid and they ate all of their food here as beforehand they had just been having rubbish catering.
“It was just such a coincidence that their last day here with us coincided with the start of our Indian weekend.”
The Bollywood film is about three friends who bond during a road trip around Spain in a pale blue Cadillac.
It will be shown in 2500 cinemas across India with 70 million viewers nationally and a further three million throughout the rest of the world.
And the film, which has turned Andalucía into a temporary movie set, boasts a star-studded cast.
But according to Mona the actors are very down to earth.
She said: “They were filming around the lake and it was funny because we didn’t realise how famous the lead actor Hrithik Roshan was.
“He kept coming up and having his make-up done on our terrace and even had his photo taken with my daughter”.
Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara is due to be released next year.
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27