THE lawyer who represented Saddam Hussein has been arrested in Spain.
Giovanni di Stefano, dubbed the ‘devil’s advocate’ for representing clients such as Gary Glitter and great train robber Ronnie Biggs, was held in a mansion in Palma, Majorca, on Monday night and faces deportation to Britain.
He is wanted for fraud, theft and money laundering offences.
A police spokesman said: ‘The investigation is being conducted by City of London Police’s economic crime directorate who continue to liaise with the Spanish authorities with a view to bringing the arrested man to the UK.’
- Expat female chef chases off machete-wielding robbers - 18 Mar, 2011 @ 06:00
- People who study are healthier - 18 Mar, 2011 @ 05:30
- Poet Carlos Pranger: The new Brenan - 18 Mar, 2011 @ 05:00
- Spanish women are having fewer children - 17 Mar, 2011 @ 07:15
- Pill bargaining - 17 Mar, 2011 @ 07:00
- Carmen Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum set to open in Malaga - 16 Mar, 2011 @ 08:00
- Spain complains about Gibraltar landfill plans - 16 Mar, 2011 @ 08:00
- Operation nuclear clean-up - 15 Mar, 2011 @ 08:30
- Sevilla royal visit for Prince Charles and Camilla - 14 Mar, 2011 @ 10:56
- Ruffled feathers in Ronda - 14 Mar, 2011 @ 08:45