IT wouldn’t have bothered Bond.
But it was a bit of a bore for Aston Martin when rain and hail washed out the worldwide launch of two of their new cars in Andalucia.
The company – made famous by the James Bond movies – chose the mountain town of Ronda for the second time to showcase the new Virage and Vantage S supercars.
The only dampener was keeping the 150 journalists who had flown in from around the world dry.
“We were a bit surprised by the weather but it didn’t change anything in the end,” spokesman Matthew Clarke told the Olive Press.
“Everyone here has been so welcoming. Ronda is a beautiful place and was the ideal location to show case our latest models.”
Excited onlookers were able to catch a glimpse of the new models which were parked up in one of the main old town squares.
The group then set-off to the exclusive Ascari race track – which counts Jamiroquai as a member – to test the vehicles at high speeds.
Visiting Andalucia for four weeks, the team is touring the region using the beautiful mountain scenery and diverse landscapes to promote the new cars.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46