By James Bryce
David Cameron is enjoying a short break in Spain to celebrate wife Samantha’s 40th birthday.
The British Prime Minister travelled with budget airline easyJet on Wednesday and will stay until Friday.
The couple have previously stated their love for the Serrania de Ronda having previously stayed in the area.
The owner of a Ronda hotel, Fuente de la Higuera, where David Cameron stayed two years ago insisted the PM was not in Ronda.
“I never comment on guests but I can tell you that he’s not staying here,” he said.
Downing Street refused to confirm Cameron’s location for security reasons, but he is understood to be staying in a “mid range” hotel on the coast.
It is the first time Cameron has holidayed abroad since becoming Prime Minister in May 2010.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02