DISGRACED Gibraltar fashion designer John Galliano insists he has ‘no recollection’ of the night when he is accused of making racist remarks in public.
The 50-year-old told a court he had been drinking champagne and taking valium pills on the night he was meant to have made anti-semitic remarks to a Jewish woman in Paris.
The former Dior designer blamed his behaviour on the deadly mixture at a court appearance in Paris.
When shown a video clip of another incident he added: “They’re not views I hold or believe in. In the video I see someone who needs help.
“These are not the sentiments of John Galliano.”
Galliano is accused of two counts of ‘public insults based on origin, religious affiliation, race or ethnicity’ which took place last October and February.
If convicted, he could face up to six months in prison and 25,000 euros in fines.
A verdict is due in September.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46