By Wendy Williams
SHE has worked with the likes of Prince, Jools Holland and James Morrison and had a string of top ten hits.
Now British soul sensation Mica Paris, 42, is heading to Marbella for two solo shows.
Following a smash appearance at London’s Royal Albert Hall, where she covered a moving Dusty Springfield classic All I See is You, she will perform at restaurant Polo House.
“I am really excited as I haven’t done anything like it for a while,” she explained.
“It is going to be really stripped down, just me and the piano. It is nice to get rid of the band sometimes. There is something magical about that kind of performance.”
She added: “I like some of the smaller venues, they are more intimate and you are closer to the audience, you can see their faces and know what they want.
“It is like singing in your living room. I love it.”
Born Michelle Wallen in London in 1969, she is currently recording a new album, following her hits Black Angel and the debut platinum-selling So Good.
Already installed in a Top 10 list of the ‘100 Great Black Britons’, she was only 17 when she recorded her first hit album.
“It will be 23 years this year since I started and time has gone so quickly.
“When I made that first album I was like a baby. I was only 17 and I was a precocious little thing.”
She continued: “And for me it has always been about the music although I enjoyed doing other things.
“It was great to come back after seven years in TV. When I was making my record two years ago I felt like a kid again. I had forgotten how much I loved it and I love performing.”
Meanwhile, she is really looking forward to the show in Marbella.
“I have been over quite a few times before – in fact I was there last year when my friend Stephen Webster opened a jewellery shop – I just love it, particularly the great food and climate.
“Every time I come I have nothing but fun. I always see a lot of English friends I haven’t seen for ages. It will be great.”
For tickets to Mica’s performances at the Polo House on July 5 & 6 call 952 900 380.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46