By James Bryce
A killer bull known as Mouse has claimed its third victim after fatally goring a man at a festival near Valencia.
The 29-year-old died in hospital after TV footage showed him being tossed in the air and dragged along the ground by the 1,100lb bull in the ring in Xativa.
The bull – known as Raton in Spanish – has killed two other people during festivals over the past 10 years.
An investigation has now begun into the circumstances surrounding the death, amid claims that the man had appeared drunk.
It was also reported that the Spaniard had been removed from the ring several times before the bull appeared.
Mouse’s fearsome reputation ensures he is the headline act at festivals across Spain, with his owners understood to earn 10,000 euros from each appearance.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02