THE mayor of Alhaurin el Grande has taken to the stand to deny receiving money from developers in exchange for planning permission.
As the trial got underway in the ‘Troya’ urban corruption case, Juan Martín Seron declared that he ‘never received money from promoters’.
“The town hall has never asked anyone for money in exchange for licenses,” he said during the opening day of the trial at Malaga court.
Seron faces four and half years in prison accused of taking bribes of up to 238,000 euros in exchange for favourable building licences. His deputy Gregorio Guerra is also on trial.
The trial continues.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46