IN a bizarre twist of fate a Belgian couple who had their car stolen at gunpoint in Belgium came face-to-face with their attackers while on holiday in Spain.
Just months after the vicious attack in their home country, the pair could not believe their eyes when they spotted the thieves on a beach in Guardamar, in Alicante.
Moreover, while waiting for the police to arrive, the couple even found their own car parked nearby.
In a bid to prevent the thieves getting away a second time they called the police before puncturing the tyres.
Police arrested the two men – one 20 and one 47 – and seized a fake pistol from the car.
It has since emerged that there was an international arrest warrant out against them and one of them was a dangerous paedophile who had served time in Belgium.
They are now being extradited to Belgium and the couple have been given their car back.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46