- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Busted on the beach in Spain
• The couple spotted the thieves on a beach in Guardamar in Alicante
IN a bizarre twist of fate a Belgian couple who had their car stolen at gunpoint in Belgium came face-to-face with their attackers while on holiday in Spain.
Just months after the vicious attack in their home country, the pair could not believe their eyes when they spotted the thieves on a beach in Guardamar, in Alicante.
Moreover, while waiting for the police to arrive, the couple even found their own car parked nearby.
In a bid to prevent the thieves getting away a second time they called the police before puncturing the tyres.
Police arrested the two men – one 20 and one 47 – and seized a fake pistol from the car.
It has since emerged that there was an international arrest warrant out against them and one of them was a dangerous paedophile who had served time in Belgium.
They are now being extradited to Belgium and the couple have been given their car back.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others