THE youth who murdered a 13-year-old Arriate girl has been sentenced to eight years in prison plus five years on parole.
The sentence, handed down at at Malaga’s Juvenile Court, is the maximum possible for a minor.
Seventeen-year-old Ruben V.R. was also ordered to pay the family of Maria Esther Jimenez Villegas the sum of 222,000 euros.
Maria Esther’s body was found in a swimming pool pump house in Arriate near Ronda on January 20 this year.
She had been murdered with a rock the size of a small melon.
The trial heard 40 witnesses but the most incriminating evidence was the presence of Ruben V.R.’s DNA on the rock.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10