A GERMAN expat has been arrested in connection the murder of a Spanish lawyer whose body was found in his car boot in Malaga yesterday.
Salvador Andres Reina, 66, went missing last weekend.
Yesterday his body – which showed signs of a violent death – was found in a suitcase in his own car, near Malaga bus station.
A 50-year-old German man has now been arrested.
Police sources say the motive for the murder could have been robbery, although it is unknown whether the perpetrator had previously been the victim’s client or indeed if he even knew him.
Evidence suggests the perpetrator went to the lawyer’s office last Friday and forced him to make several cash withdrawals from different bank accounts.
A Malaga Law School spokesman said Mr Reina ‘had been killed fulfilling his obligations as a lawyer, attending to a stranger in his office who turned out to be not a client, but a thief and a murderer’.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10