By James Bryce
CRISTIANO Ronaldo and his Real Madrid teammates can certainly claim to have been robbed following their recent defeat to Bayern Munich.
The Portuguese star had three pairs of boots stolen from the dressing room prior to the match in Munich, with other victims including Karim Benzema and Mesut Ozil.
Police are now investigating the theft after Real Madrid lodged a compliant with UEFA.
Luckily Bayern stadium announcer Stephan Lehmann came to the rescue by sending Ronaldo a pair of traditional Bavarian brogues.
“He won’t score any goals with them but he will look really snazzy,” he said.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10