SHE may be best known for her chart-topping hits, but it was Jessie J’s role as a peacekeeper that gained the spotlight during a recent show on the Rock.
The 24-year-old star interrupted her own performance midway through Price Tag after spotting a fight in the crowd at the Gibraltar Music Festival.
Footage posted on YouTube shows the star, wearing white hot pants and matching vest, giving a very public dressing down to a group of hot-headed youngsters.
The Who You Are singer can be heard saying: “Stop…stop the music, stop the music.”
She is then shown walking over to address the unsighted group situated towards the front of the 9,000-strong crowd, saying: “Oi, no fighting at my shows.”
Met by cheers from the crowd who then begin booing the fighters, she adds: “No, no, no, we don’t boo fighting, we just don’t condone it.
“Guys, be nice or go home ok? It’s a lot easier to be happy than to be annoyed. Are we good?”
The singer, whose real name is Jessica Cornish, was appearing at Victoria Stadium just weeks after performing at the closing ceremony of the Olympics in London.
Watch the clip here:
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10