VETERAN rocker Mel Williams and family have raised €1300 for the Alora day centre for mentally and physically challenged people.
It came thanks to a popular rock concert held in the town, attended by the mayor and other local dignitories.
Mel took centre stage to treat the audience to two hours of non-stop versions of classic hits from the 50’s and 60’s, including a lively medley of Bill Haley hits.
Mel, a performer since the 1950s, has taken his music all over the world for six decades, sharing the bill with many internationally famous artists.
He and his wife Sally have lived in Andalucia since the 1970s.
Anyone else wishing to make a late donation for the centre can do this at Unicaja Bank in Alora.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36