- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Property Insider
- Legal Issues
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Loud and Clear
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Spain’s €10,000 poetry book
• Federico Garcia's Impresiones y Paisajes
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
A rare and valuable first edition of Federico Lorca’s debut Impresiones y Paisajes fetched an incredible €9,380 at Bonhams auctioneers in London this month.
The success of the book, written during a journey through Castile, Leon and Galicia in 1916 and 1917 – and financed by his father – allowed Lorca to become a full-time writer.
But Lorca did not like it and, as reported in the Olive Press, unhappy with slow sales he destroyed as many copies as he could find.
Here, Irish Hispanist Ian Gibson reviews the book, Sketches of Spain, an English translation of this ground-breaking work to be released by leading book website Books4Spain next month.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email news[email protected]