- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Penelope Cruz becomes new face of Loewe label
• Penelope Cruz, the face of luxury brand Loewe
PENELOPE Cruz has been announced as the new face of luxury fashion brand Loewe.
And it seems the Oscar-winning actress did not take much convincing to front the Madrid-based company either.
“They approached me and I said yes very quickly because it’s a Spanish brand, and everyone involved is from Spain.
“Although the designer is British, all the work is done in Spain,” she said.
“It’s such an old company. I have grown up looking at their wonderful things,” added the 38-year-old.
Loewe’s creative director Stuart Vevers said the actress has a ‘strong, sensual beauty’ that has served as an ‘inspiration’.
Cruz is reported to have been keen to work for a Spanish brand again ever since fronting Mango’s campaign in 2009.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others