A NATIONAL cycle race will be passing through Estepona for the first time.
The Vuelta de Espana (the Tour of Spain) will this year end one of its stages at the Penas Blancas mountain pass, in Estepona, before moving on to Antequera.
The 2013 national cycling competition will take place from August 24 to September 15 and will also pass through Casares.
Around 2,000 people are expected to take part in the race.
Estepona Mayor Jose Maria Garcia said the the race will put the town on centre stage and bring ‘an unprecedented media focus on the town.’
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50