- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Property Insider
- Legal Issues
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Loud and Clear
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Estepona gearing up for cycle race
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
A NATIONAL cycle race will be passing through Estepona for the first time.
The Vuelta de Espana (the Tour of Spain) will this year end one of its stages at the Penas Blancas mountain pass, in Estepona, before moving on to Antequera.
The 2013 national cycling competition will take place from August 24 to September 15 and will also pass through Casares.
Around 2,000 people are expected to take part in the race.
Estepona Mayor Jose Maria Garcia said the the race will put the town on centre stage and bring ‘an unprecedented media focus on the town.’
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]