- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Money over the bridge
• The Aguila aqueduct has recently been renovated
NERJA Town Hall is calling for a change in legislation after over €180,000 of renovation funding was withheld by the Junta.
The money was promised to the town for renovating its emblematic Aguila aqueduct near Maro nearly two years ago.
However the Junta claims it cannot release the funds until other nearby towns have finished various other individual projects.
The aqueduct was built in the 19th century to carry water to the now-derelict San Joaquin sugar factory.
It still carries water for irrigation purposes.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others