NERJA Town Hall is calling for a change in legislation after over €180,000 of renovation funding was withheld by the Junta.
The money was promised to the town for renovating its emblematic Aguila aqueduct near Maro nearly two years ago.
However the Junta claims it cannot release the funds until other nearby towns have finished various other individual projects.
The aqueduct was built in the 19th century to carry water to the now-derelict San Joaquin sugar factory.
It still carries water for irrigation purposes.
- Fruit growers fight to safeguard Costa produce - 8 Mar, 2013 @ 12:35
- More bad weather to come in Andalucia - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 14:29
- Axarquia shop owners to dress windows as part Easter celerations - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 13:21
- New app offers UK children’s programmes in Spanish - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 10:18
- The ladies who made a difference - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 13:56
- Money over the bridge - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 09:10
- €400 incentive to increase youth employment - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 09:00
- Donkeys’ star status won’t save them from eviction - 4 Mar, 2013 @ 16:40
- Looking at the Labyrinth - 1 Mar, 2013 @ 14:36
- Ticket to the States! - 1 Mar, 2013 @ 12:00