- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Vultures and eagle found electrocuted
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
ECOLOGISTS in Ronda have appealed for ‘immediate action’ after discovering two dead vultures and an eagle, all electrocuted by high voltage electricity lines.
The birds were found on the Ronda La Vieja road said wildlife protection group, Ecologists in Action.
A spokesperson for the group said: “The birds we found were adults and in breeding season, which could hinder the survival of their young.
“If only one parent is left to care for their young the young birds often don’t survive.”
They added: “We want something done as soon as possible to make sure this doesn’t happen again as these birds are very rare and precious.”
All the birds were found a few metres from each other and now an investigation is being carried out to see how it can be prevented in the future.
The ecologists have appealed to the Ministry of the Environment for the power lines to be covered with plastic sheething.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]