AN 11-year-old boy has scooped the top prize in Andalucia´s first-ever mobile phone photography competition, Vejer Focus 2013.
Judges were unanimous in their decision to award Gus Ralph the €200 first prize for his entry in the Vejer Life category (pictured).
They agreed the photo showed maturity many professional editorial photographers would aspire to.
The second prize, €100, went to Joao Paulo da Costa, while one of a number of entries by Sebastian Peña won the third prize of dinner and a night in a suite in the Hotel La Casa del Califa.
All entered pictures were taken over the course of one September weekend, and submitted anonymously. There were more than 350 pictures submitted, which were subsequently displayed in the gallery in La Califa.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40