- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Property Insider
- Legal Issues
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Loud and Clear
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Barcelona to Paris high speed rail service opens
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
A HIGH-SPEED rail service linking Spain and France has opened that will cut the journey time between Barcelona and Paris in half.
Up until now the train journey took 12 hours, but the new tracks will enable passengers to complete it in just over six.
Spain’s tourism statistics agency Frontur says travellers make 82 million trips between the two countries annually, mostly by car.
Spain’s train operator RENFE said it hopes to lure some air-travel passengers.
The service, which opened Sunday, will also provide high speed between cities like Madrid, Marseille, Toulouse and Lyon.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]