- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Property Insider
- Legal Issues
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Loud and Clear
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Careless talk costs car driver
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
A GRAN CANARIA driver has been fined for simply TALKING to a passenger while driving.
Armando Chiriqui, 41, was fined €80 for “driving a vehicle without maintaining constant attention to the road.”
Chiriqui said he was pulled over in what he thought was a routine check, but was shocked to be fined for having a chat.
He insisted: “We were not a danger to the public.”
Chiriqui has decided not to fight the fine because of the likely cost of a court case, so instead chose to publicise his ‘ridiculous’ fine.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]