GIBRALTAR’S Manchester United Supporters’ branch travelled to the UK to meet Sir Alex Ferguson recently and presented him with a specially-commissioned portrait.
The group of 30 met up with Sir Alex in Wilmslow, Cheshire. Branch Chairman, Clive Moberley, introduced Sir Alex to the group – several of whom he already knew from his visit to Gibraltar.
The visitors then presented Sir Alex with the portrait, which delighted him.
The trip was just one of the highlights planned by the Gibraltar Manchester United Supporters’ branch in its 20th anniversary year and was hailed a great success.
- Giles Brown is stuck in ‘festive no man’s land’ - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 09:00
- What NOT to do at your office Christmas party in Spain - 21 Dec, 2018 @ 12:00
- Guests got more than they bargained for at Gibraltar’s Fawlty Towers dinner - 24 Nov, 2018 @ 19:00
- EXCLUSIVE : the Olive Press has Breakfast with Berkoff - 10 Nov, 2018 @ 11:01
- When it rains… - 28 Oct, 2018 @ 12:24
- Watch out, there’s a new 80s revival in town, but don’t except big hair and shoulder pads - 30 Sep, 2018 @ 12:10
- We’ve survived another mad Marbella summer - 15 Sep, 2018 @ 12:00
- TRIBUTE: Remembering Costa del Sol legendary singer Mel Williams - 2 Sep, 2018 @ 16:00
- AUGUST ANGST: Summer in southern Spain presents some interesting challenges - 4 Aug, 2018 @ 13:23
- TOUR DE FARCE: Last Monday was my final straw with the cyclists - 21 Jul, 2018 @ 11:10