BRITISH police have landed in Portugal with the hope of arresting three potential suspects in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
Four detectives are due to meet senior officers from Portugal’s Policia Judiciara to ask them to sanction the arrest and questioning of the three men.
They are believed to have been close to the McCann’s apartment in Praia da Luz on the night that Madeleine disappeared in 2007.
Mobile phone evidence also revealed that they frequently called each other in the hours following the three-year-old’s disappearance.
Kate and Gerry McCann, both 45, were said to be anxious at this latest development in a search that has continued for over six years.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44