A BRITISH man has been found dead on a beach in Alicante, after fleeing to Spain to escape a sentencing for assault last October.
Francis Brennan, 25, is believed to have been kidnapped by men posing as police officers.
Spanish authorities are investigating the death.
Brennan, from Liverpool, was last seen in Alicante in January while wanted for an assault he committed in the Thames Valley area.
His friend’s car was stopped by fake police officers and he was taken away.
His parents realised he had been kidnapped when Spanish authorities told them they had not arrested him.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44