ONE caring expat is on a mission to provide safety and comfort for those living alone on the coast, with just one simple phone call.
Every morning, Jo Dean will orchestrate calls to expats living alone to check they are well and happy.
“Expats living alone really worry about something happening to them, and how long it would be before they could get help,” she said.
Jo, from London, has lived in Spain for 14 years, including six years working for a funeral director in Benalmadena.
During this time she has come into contact with many vulnerable elderly people and also care workers, eventually inspiring her to set up Morning Call.
The Morning Call service is launching on May 1 and costs €200 for the year, including the €50 set-up fee.
For more information visit: email@example.com or phone 658 027 426
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05