TARIFA’S rapidly rising real estate prices are giving Marbella a run for its money.
The beach resort on the Costa de la Luz has more expensive property prices per metre squared than in Marbella, which costs 1833 euros per metre square.
Tarifa, where it costs 1840 euros per metre square, has seen a rapid increase in property prices in recent years, and is only topped by Cadiz city in Andalucia, according to the latest official figures.
Tony Cassidy, 66, of Tarifa Direct, insists that not only is the town now level-pegging with Marbella and Mallorca, it will also give Ibiza, Madrid and Barcelona a run for their money in terms of demand and price.
“It is one of the true dynamos of Spain and demand is incredibly high,” explained Cassidy, from Leeds in the UK.
“We are just waiting for a big developer like Taylor Wimpey to arrive here and things will really take off,” he added.
“I have a villa for sale with a tennis court and swimming pool near the Punta Sur hotel for €3 million, which in Rosario, near Marbella, would be worth just €1.5 million.”
But it is not luxury mansions that are drawing buyers to Tarifa, but the lifestyle.
“Yes you get less for your money, but you have the most amazing countryside and beaches.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44