MISS Gibraltar 2015 has been crowned.
Primary school teacher Hannah Bado has taken the top prize at this year’s contest, staving off the six other finalists.
Crying as she accepted her tiara from outgoing Miss Gibraltar Shyanne Azzopardi, 22-year-old Bado said it was a ‘dream come true’.
“I have always wanted to be Miss Gibraltar but I never thought it would happen,” she said.
“I really can’t believe it. I am still in shock. I think it’s going to take a long while for it to sink in. I am just so happy.”
English popstar Matt Cardle performed at the event as well as Britain’s Got Talent semi-finalist and contemporary dancer Jonathan Lutwyche.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36