A ‘DEFINITIVE’ list of the world’s top 1,000 restaurants has been compiled via a computer algorithm.
Drawing on data from over 200 food guides in 92 countries, including Michelin and the World 50 Best list, La Liste has been assembled by the French foreign ministry at a cost of €275,000 and puts Swiss Restaurant de l’Hotel de Ville in the top slot.
Spain’s top restaurant and current number one on the World 50 Best list, El Celler de Can Roca, is the only Spanish eatery to feature in the top 10, coming in at number six.
La Liste based its algorithm on food quality, ambience, wine lists and service.
La Liste (Top 10):
- Restaurant de l’Hôtel de Ville, Crissier, Switzerland
- Per Se, New York
- Kyo Aji, Tokyo
- Guy Savoy, Paris
- Schauenstein, Fürstenau, Switzerland
- El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain
- Kyubey, Tokyo
- Maison Troisgros, Roanne, France
- Auberge du Vieux Puits, Fontjoncouse, France
- Joël Robuchon, Yebisu Garden Place, Japan