THE national Spanish sport council has suspended its second Olympic steeplechaser in as many months.
Angel Mullera has been suspended for two years for doping, after a five-year legal tussle.
The 31-year-old first came under investigation in 2011 after testing positive for banned substances. However a legal case in 2012 saw him reinstated to Spain’s Olympic team by the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
That decision has now been overturned and Mullera has been stripped of a number of medals, including a European bronze.
In December, fellow steeplechaser Marta Dominguez had her European silver medal stripped for doping.
- Popular Casino Games Across Europe - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:14
- OPINION: Why Mijas needs to see serious change in 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 17:36
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16