WE are trotting through sand dunes and eventually onto the beach… a beach that is difficult to beat anywhere in the world.
This is the Mangueta, one of the last completely unspoilt stretches of sand anywhere in Andalucia, in part nudist, in total; stunning.
Leading the way is my daughter, who hasn’t stopped grinning since we walked out of the Mangueta stables, just outside El Palmar.
On a two-hour round trip, led by our charming German guide, the views take in fields full of sunflowers, distant hills and, of course, the shimmering sea.
This is the perfect activity for families looking for something to do on the Costa de la Luz.
Rides are charged by the hour and can be long or short and are ideal for total novices too.
We start the evening stroll in the paddocks of the ancient estate owned by Luis, a charming Spanish gentleman, doing a few loops, before heading out onto sandy tracks and fields all the way to the beach, some 500 metres away.
Aside from seeing your kids beaming for hours (actually days) afterwards, it is a good bit of exercise.
• For more information visit www.cortijomangueta.com
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00