A LEADING Spanish chef who trained under Gordon Ramsay and Ferran Adria insists it is his mother who must take the biscuit.
Omar Allibhoy, 32, insisted he learnt more from her as he launched his latest cookbook, Spanish Made Simple, in London.
He said: “I learned more from my mum than any of the top chefs that I have been lucky enough to work under.
“She is my inspiration in the kitchen, she taught me from the age of three when I started mixing eggs or doing whatever she needed help with, and I loved it.
“She helped me develop my incredible passion for cooking and she is the reason I am the chef I am today.”
Allibhoy was a prodigy of world-renowned Adria at Spain’s elBulli, which was ranked as the number one restaurant in the world several times.
The Madrid-born restaurateur, dubbed the ‘Antonio Banderas of cooking’, trained with Gordon Ramsay in 2008.
The founder of Tapas Revolution, in London, claims his new cookbook aims to capture the authentic taste of Spain.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16