TALKS aimed at ending planned airport strikes across Spain are set to continue next week.
It comes after negotiations to bring an end to the saga continued yesterday.
Trade unions UGT, CC.OO and USO had been threatening 25 days of strikes at airports across the country.
AENA, Enaire and the unions agreed to postpone the call for strikes again on Thursday, but have set a deadline to reach an agreement by the end of the month.
The groups will meet on Tuesday.
The trade union groups say they feel progress has been made.
But CCOO boss Francisco Javier Casado has warned that strikes will be called in all Spanish airports by the end of October if this month’s talks break down.
The strikes, which were due to begin next Friday, have been postponed for the time being.
The unions are asking for pay rises of around 8%.
They also want to recover many of the workforce lost through retirement and early retirement: 250 positions in Enaire and 450 in AENA.
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22