TALKS aimed at ending planned airport strikes across Spain are set to continue next week.
It comes after negotiations to bring an end to the saga continued yesterday.
Trade unions UGT, CC.OO and USO had been threatening 25 days of strikes at airports across the country.
AENA, Enaire and the unions agreed to postpone the call for strikes again on Thursday, but have set a deadline to reach an agreement by the end of the month.
The groups will meet on Tuesday.
The trade union groups say they feel progress has been made.
But CCOO boss Francisco Javier Casado has warned that strikes will be called in all Spanish airports by the end of October if this month’s talks break down.
The strikes, which were due to begin next Friday, have been postponed for the time being.
The unions are asking for pay rises of around 8%.
They also want to recover many of the workforce lost through retirement and early retirement: 250 positions in Enaire and 450 in AENA.
- OPINION: Justice at last! - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 04:39
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27