TALKS aimed at ending planned airport strikes across Spain are set to continue next week.
It comes after negotiations to bring an end to the saga continued yesterday.
Trade unions UGT, CC.OO and USO had been threatening 25 days of strikes at airports across the country.
AENA, Enaire and the unions agreed to postpone the call for strikes again on Thursday, but have set a deadline to reach an agreement by the end of the month.
The groups will meet on Tuesday.
The trade union groups say they feel progress has been made.
But CCOO boss Francisco Javier Casado has warned that strikes will be called in all Spanish airports by the end of October if this month’s talks break down.
The strikes, which were due to begin next Friday, have been postponed for the time being.
The unions are asking for pay rises of around 8%.
They also want to recover many of the workforce lost through retirement and early retirement: 250 positions in Enaire and 450 in AENA.
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52