A BRITISH expat who has been missing from Marbella for more than a week had filed a denuncia against her husband the day before she disappeared, it has been revealed.
Rebecca Muldoon, 35, filed the report of gender violence with the Policia Nacional in Marbella on January 1.
She was due to appear in court the next day to confirm her complaint, but never arrived.
Her neighbours raised the alarm to the police after realising her two children, aged 8 and 11, were alone at the house.
The housewife, from Southend, moved to Marbella from Los Angeles last year with her two children, and she may be vulnerable.
Friends told the Olive Press how the Brit suffered a breakdown in 2017, but that she was responding very positively to treatment and was ‘doing well’.
“I don’t know what went so wrong that she left the kids,” friend Stephanie Dalrymple told the Olive Press, “It’s totally unlike her, she has never done something like this before.”
“Her sister is frantic,” added Stephanie, “We are trying to find out where she was last seen to piece some clues together.”
The children have been taken back to the UK to be with their aunt while the search for Rebecca continues.
If you have seen Rebecca, contact the police in Marbella or email email@example.com.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16