THE step-daughter of a Spanish film actress has been remanded in custody in Jaén in connection with a series of armed bank robberies in the Granada province.
Diana Patricia Martín Romhild, 38, was arrested on October 24 after a dramatic high speed car chase which involved officers from four police forces and the Guardia Civil.
Police believe Martín Romhild, who is the stepdaughter of Concha Velasco – who has appeared in more than 70 films including 2003’s Oro de Moscú – and the daughter of theatre impresario Paco Marsó, acted as getaway driver in at least two of the four bank robberies that have hit the villages of Cuevas del Campo and Fraila in the north of the Granada province since August.
Police also arrested Enrique Lorente – the partner of Martín Romhild. He is alleged to have carried out all of the four raids which have netted the couple 55,000 euros and more than 5,000 pounds sterling in their two-month crime spree.
Police believe the pair – dubbed “Bonnie and Clyde” by locals – robbed banks to help pay off their business debts. They allegedly owe 100,000 euros through their art print company Mas Arte.
Their arrest came shortly after Lorente, 48, had stolen 33,000 euros from the Caja Granada bank in Cuevas del Campo – the second such raid on the bank in as many months.
Police had to use a road block to stop the pair as they drove to their home in Pozo Alcón in the Jaén province after a high speed car chase involving police forces from Cuevas del Campo, Gor, Orce, Zújar and the Guardia Civil from Cortes de Baza.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00