HE has been missing for exactly 15 years.
But Patrick Moore may now be living in the Algorrobo Costa area, not far from Nerja, where he went missing in June 1994.
The Olive Press appealed for any leads to his whereabouts in our last issue.
And now his son Steve Moore has had a lead that he may be living in the small Axarquia town.
According to a message on the Nerja Now forum a man answering Pat Moore’s description may have been living under a different name until earlier this year.
The mystery man, called ‘Michael’ – Patrick Moore’s middle name – was apparently evasive about his past.
Said to be suffering frommental illness he did however mention that he had previously lived in Nerja.
Steve Moore, 43, revealed, “The information is worth following up.
“This man was apparently mentally ill, which could explain where my dad has been for the last few years.
“The mystery man, called ‘Michael’ – Patrick Moore’s middle name – was apparently evasive about his past.”
“There was always the possibility that he could have suffered some sort of breakdown.”
He believes he may have returned to the UK at some point last year, however.
“I’m asking locals to visit my website to see if they recognise this man.”
Visit www.whereispatmoore.com for more info.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00