HIDDEN away on a side street of Javea, Valencia, is a PO box, which is thought to be the key to a European-wide holiday letting scam.
The box, one of many at the offices of Total Post, is believed to have received over 300,000 euros in deposits for non-existent holiday lets around Europe.
It is owned by the company Paul Quinn Properties SL, which has allegedly conned at least 100 British families into parting with an average of 3000 euros for holidays across the continent.
The Guardia Civil is now investigating the scam, which could total up to one million euros.
Paul Quinn Properties found its clients through the website www.morairaway.com, which has now been shut down.
Clients found the website through popular sites such as www.holidaylettings.co.uk and www.holiday-rentals.co.uk.
The Guardia Civil is continuing to investigate
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00