HIDDEN away on a side street of Javea, Valencia, is a PO box, which is thought to be the key to a European-wide holiday letting scam.
The box, one of many at the offices of Total Post, is believed to have received over 300,000 euros in deposits for non-existent holiday lets around Europe.
It is owned by the company Paul Quinn Properties SL, which has allegedly conned at least 100 British families into parting with an average of 3000 euros for holidays across the continent.
The Guardia Civil is now investigating the scam, which could total up to one million euros.
Paul Quinn Properties found its clients through the website www.morairaway.com, which has now been shut down.
Clients found the website through popular sites such as www.holidaylettings.co.uk and www.holiday-rentals.co.uk.
The Guardia Civil is continuing to investigate
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27