ZORRO star Antonio Banderas’ fight to legalise his Marbella garden has been dealt a blow.
The Andalucia High Court has overruled an order which had been blocking the demolition.
Marbella Town Hall had previously granted the suspension order to give time for the town’s PGOU plan to be introduced – meaning the garden would have been declared legal.
But now – after a five-year battle – the Spanish heart throb is in serious danger of seeing the 150-metre-square strip – complete with swimming pool – demolished.
The house, called La Gaviota, in Los Monteros, has a history of controversy.
It was built on the beach – on land designated for public use – and was declared illegal in 2003.
“I see myself like a snail, with his house ready to move.”
The encroaching land was reclassified for the construction of showers and a changing room, two years ago.
Speaking then, Banderas, famous for his role as the swashbuckling Zorro star, said: “I see myself like a snail, with his house ready to move.”
It originally received its license in 1993 when the town plans had been illegally redrawn by former mayor Jesus Gil.
The house, built by a journalist, was bought by Banderas in 1997.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00