ZORRO star Antonio Banderas’ fight to legalise his Marbella garden has been dealt a blow.
The Andalucia High Court has overruled an order which had been blocking the demolition.
Marbella Town Hall had previously granted the suspension order to give time for the town’s PGOU plan to be introduced – meaning the garden would have been declared legal.
But now – after a five-year battle – the Spanish heart throb is in serious danger of seeing the 150-metre-square strip – complete with swimming pool – demolished.
The house, called La Gaviota, in Los Monteros, has a history of controversy.
It was built on the beach – on land designated for public use – and was declared illegal in 2003.
“I see myself like a snail, with his house ready to move.”
The encroaching land was reclassified for the construction of showers and a changing room, two years ago.
Speaking then, Banderas, famous for his role as the swashbuckling Zorro star, said: “I see myself like a snail, with his house ready to move.”
It originally received its license in 1993 when the town plans had been illegally redrawn by former mayor Jesus Gil.
The house, built by a journalist, was bought by Banderas in 1997.
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00