A SECOND British golfer has hit a money pot in Spain in just one month.
Ross Fisher, 28, will enter the world’s top 16 after becoming the fourth Briton to win the Volvo World Match Play Championship, at Finca Cortesin, in Casares.
His win over American Anthony Kim comes just a month after Ross McGowan won the Madrid Masters.
Fisher produced one of the finest performances of his career to win 4 and 3 in the 36-hole final at the Finca Cortesin Golf Club yesterday.
The Lamborghini-driving golfer, from Surrey, became the fourth Englishman to claim the trophy — following in the footsteps of Nick Faldo, Lee Westwood and Paul Casey – and won the top prize of 750,000 euros in the process.
From a working-class family — his father is a heating engineer — Fisher remains remarkably humble.
He was awarded a scholarship as a junior to play and train at Wentworth and has rewarded the faith shown in him in spades.
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27