SPAIN should see overseas investors returning in large numbers with experts predicting the market has overcome the worst.
Huge UK agent Knight Frank estimates that the market has now stabilised, although prices will have to wait until 2011 to go up.
Meanwhile property website Kyero.com estimates that investors have stopped waiting for further price drops.
It estimates that there will be a “wave of foreign investment” flowing into Spanish property in the next few months, although at prices 30 per cent below the peak in 2007.
This comes while a number of leading websites reported increased numbers of UK buyers looking for Spanish property.
Both Primelocation and Rightmove say that more than 20 per cent of searches are for Spanish property, which is up on 2008.
“We did record a drop in search interest during the first six months of 2009,” said Rob Wilson, of Rightmove. “But it has been returning.”
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27