A COSTA del Sol property company has won a dubious accolade in the Daily Mirror’s run-down of the heroes and villains of 2009.
Darragh MacAnthony’s company MRI was recognised for its ‘heavy-handed response’ after accusations that it ripped off customers.
The Mirror claimed clients paid MRI thousands for furniture that never arrived.
However, the company responded with a bristling statement. “I have forwarded your latest query to our lawyers Carter-Ruck,” it read. “I believe they are already dealing with matters relating to your previous queries and publication.”
Meanwhile MRI Overseas Property Limited has recently gone into voluntary liquidation. But it was a UK subsiduary “that we never used”, insisted MRI.
Also in liquidation is MRI TV ltd, owing 300,000 euros, as well as MRI Media, owing around 560,000 euros.
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00