A COSTA del Sol property company has won a dubious accolade in the Daily Mirror’s run-down of the heroes and villains of 2009.
Darragh MacAnthony’s company MRI was recognised for its ‘heavy-handed response’ after accusations that it ripped off customers.
The Mirror claimed clients paid MRI thousands for furniture that never arrived.
However, the company responded with a bristling statement. “I have forwarded your latest query to our lawyers Carter-Ruck,” it read. “I believe they are already dealing with matters relating to your previous queries and publication.”
Meanwhile MRI Overseas Property Limited has recently gone into voluntary liquidation. But it was a UK subsiduary “that we never used”, insisted MRI.
Also in liquidation is MRI TV ltd, owing 300,000 euros, as well as MRI Media, owing around 560,000 euros.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00